31.1.09

ticket to ride

It's official. Today, I purchased the plane tickets that will be carrying me to Europe.

Wow.

It's a crazy feeling, thinking that I'll be doing something this big on my own. I've traveled abroad before: to the Bahamas with Clemson Wesley, to Ghana with Dr. Huntington's Maymester program. Both of those times, however, I was with large groups of people. For the first week of my trip, I will be completely on my own, backpacking throughout Scotland as a precursor to my academic experiences at Oxford. In five months, will I actually be doing this? Will I, that awkward girl from the boondocks of South Carolina, be in Europe? I have my confirmation numbers, so apparently so.

Scary would be one way to describe it. Awesome is the world I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment